Wow, that went quick! Another year has passed us by and we are now looking ahead toward 2022 with new optimism and focus. Despite the challenges of last year, small businesses are still growing and many companies have been expanding over the past few years.
What are some of the top challenges small business owners will face this year? Small business owners constantly face a mountain of decisions, especially when the company is experiencing a growth spurt. One of the easiest ways to alleviate some of the burden is to outsource your payroll to a qualified and professional payroll provider. Doing so will allow you to focus on what matters most, while your payroll provider takes the burden of payroll processing and tax management off your shoulders.
Your Guide to Hiring a Qualified Payroll Provider
As your company grows, the more systems and processes you have in place, the easier it is for you to focus on the business. Navigating constant changes in the laws and keeping your company compliant is a top priority. Here are some tips to hiring the right payroll provider.
1. Make sure the company has a low error rate. While all companies make mistakes, errors when dealing with the IRS can be costly to an employer.
2. Look for a payroll company that handles businesses just like yours. As far as businesses go, restaurants, law firms, and construction companies all have different corporate structures. Make sure you hire a company who has the experience working in your industry.
3. Find a payroll company that can scale up as you do. Although changing payroll companies is not difficult, it is best to hire a company that can service small, medium and larger size companies.
4. Read the fine print. The cost and duration of the contract should be a consideration. Many of the larger national payroll companies offer a low price to start, but those prices can inflate over the course of the first few months – leaving the business owner with buyer’s remorse.
5. Have a dedicated point of contract. Again, some of the larger national providers do not pick up the phone when you call. If you need answers, you need them quick. Hiring a proactive company with dedicated representatives who answer the phone when you call is critical.
Liberty Payroll and HR – Why Us?
As a local company serving NJ and NY, we understand your business and the laws effecting payroll and HR. We were founded by accountants, that means accuracy is our mission. From onboarding to year end tax documents, Liberty Payroll and HR continues to lead the way in outsourced payroll services throughout NJ and NYC. For a free d
Are you looking for powerful software and customized payroll solutions that are tailored to fit your small business needs? Stay ahead of the payroll compliance curve with Liberty Payroll and HR.
Switching is simple! Liberty Payroll and HR offers customized solutions to fit your small business needs. Our payroll and HR services are scalable! Whether your business is small or large or somewhere in between, we will customize a solution with the payroll features to meet your exact needs.
Payroll by people, not just software. Call 973-690-5200 and get one month of free payroll on us!*
*One free month after processing normally for one month. Offer valid to new customers only.